01 Jun PCF are hiring
Role: Education Coordinator / Cydlynydd Addysg
Location: Pembroke Dock
Salary & Benefits: £25,000
Application Deadline: Monday (Noon) 3rd July 2017
Start Date: August 2017
Do you want to join us in creating healthy and resilient coastal communities?
Pembrokeshire Coastal Forum is a forward-thinking and ambitious social enterprise creating significant sustainable development opportunities for Pembrokeshire and Wales along the coast.
As a Community Interest Company, our vision is for a healthy and resilient coastal community alongside a diverse and thriving coastal economy which uses natural resources sustainably. Working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, we originate, manage and deliver marine and coastal projects for the community, public, private and third sectors.
Recently recognised as Wales’ top award winning Sustainable Social Enterprise 2016, we are leading the field of sustainability by delivering positive impacts through inclusive and innovative approaches.
As Education Coordinator, you will have full autonomy over the coordination and development of our successful education programme, working with both higher and further education, universities and students, both in school and on the coast. Our aim is to connect future generations with our dynamic coastline, unlocking an interest and understanding of the exciting careers in the coastal sector. Specifically, you will provide support for:-
- Schools wanting taught lessons and experiences of real life coastal opportunities and issues
- Businesses wanting to engage with students
- Students seeking knowledge and work experience in the marine sector
- Welsh Baccalaureate leaders requiring support to deliver global citizenship activities
- Developing new and exciting projects linking education development to coastal business requirements
Interested? Well, here are some things that you need to know…
- Previous teaching experience in secondary education is essential, you will need to be a qualified teacher
- We need someone who is confident in Project Management, supporting our Business Manager to make decisions concerning the strategic direction of PCF’s educational development
- Our ideal candidate will already have a developed network of contacts
- Part of the role will be supporting Sustainable Recreation Management, therefore, knowledge of the outdoor recreation sector is highly desirable
Our office in Pembroke Dock has glorious views over the waterway, it’s a great place to work and to develop your career with a fantastic team.
Download the job description here.
Please contact our HR Manager James Dyer for more details about this exciting new role on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01646 405696.