13 Mar The Port of Milford Haven are recruiting
The Port of Milford Haven are recruiting
The Port is pleased to be supporting and involved with a new energy project. The Smart Cluster Energy System for the fish processing industry (piSCES) operation will ultimately reduce the costs and carbon footprint of Energy Networks in the fish processing industry by implementing smart grid technologies. This will be done through modelling the usage profile of their energy networks and optimising that against the wholesale energy market and any available onsite generation. It addresses the Cross-border Innovation Theme of the Ireland Wales Programme of strengthening research, technological development and innovation. In particular it will focus on the Specific Objective of – ‘To increase the intensity of knowledge transfer collaborations involving research organisations and SMEs in line with the shared priorities of the smart specialisation strategies’. (more information about PiSCES is available here)
This new project has created two new roles:-
Estate Efficiency Manager (fixed 3 year contract)
Salary: £37,600K (plus car allowance)
Hours:– 37.5 per week (Generally Mon-Fri 8:30 to 17:00)
50% of the Role will be wholly dedicated to supporting the Port as an Implementation Partner to the Interreg Ireland Wales funded project. An Executive Summary for the project accompanies this job description.
The remainder of the role will be spent (managing / supporting) the development of smart energy and energy efficiency projects across the Port’s estate.
Asset Support Technician (fixed 3 year contract)
Hours:- 37.5 per week (Generally Mon-Fri 8:30 to 17:00)
50% of the Role is expected to be dedicated to supporting the Port as an Implementation Partner in PiSCES, an Interreg Ireland Wales funded project.
The remainder of the role will be spent providing technical assistance within the Port’s Engineering Division, being responsible for the mapping and planning of the Port’s Estate as it evolves with the masterplan developments in Milford and Pembroke.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working within commercial, industrial discipline (in relation to the Estate Efficiency Manager role this should be within the renewable energy/energy efficiency discipline).
- Strong attention to detail, time management and record keeping.
- Work to the Port’s core values of Collaboration, Excellence and Safety
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in Pembrokeshire, sustainability and management.
- Proficient in IT, specifically Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of current UK and EU Renewables Legislation.
- Knowledge of GIS/CAD systems.
- Commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Working knowledge of good practice in Health and Safety
Closing date 3rd April 2017.
For more information about the role and how to apply please go to e-recruit web page – www.recruit.mhpa.co.uk