Pembrokeshire Marine Code
The Marine Code Group was developed by local operators and other organisations working closely with the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority and the National Trust. These organisations are all concerned about the long-term management of the area and the development of high standards of practice. They recognise that sustainable use must be a key theme in marine recreational activities and education.
The Marine Code through voluntary codes of conduct encourages groups to show respect and consideration for the environment, wildlife and other users.
To encourage the sustainable environmental use of Pembrokeshire’s marine environment by wildlife tour operators, dive charter operators, clubs and recreational water user groups.
- To enhance the on-site environmental education brought to outdoor activity users.
- To promote Pembrokeshire through its quality of wildlife, landscape and scenery (which is highly valued both nationally and internationally and is covered by numerous conservation designations).
To engage all of the Marine users of Pembrokeshire.
- To promote the voluntary codes of conduct for different species and activities in relation to the different sensitivities of certain areas.
- To encourage dialogue between countryside conservation agencies, landowners and those partaking in marine activities particularly the activity providers.
- To develop contacts, literature and a website to spread information to visiting activity groups, event organisers and individuals who use the county for recreational purposes.
- To develop environmental awareness through education and example leading to caring ownership of activity sites.
To view all Marine Code news click here.